Interlaken to be host venue of 1st APEX Adventure Race
In May 2011, Interlaken welcomes the international adventure racing elite. In this 6 day event of the Adventure Race Worldseries, the beautiful Bernese Oberland will turn into one big adventure playground which will demand both physical and mental strength of the athletes. Outdoor Interlaken is proud to be partner and supporter of the APEX race.
The APEX race will be a non-stop event and the following disciplines will take place in the Interlaken area:
· Navigation – Teams will have to navigate their own way through the entire race using only maps, compass and the roadbook.
· Paddling – The paddling will be done both on lakes and class II rivers using kayaks/canoes. More information on the type of boats used will come soon.
· Running/Trekking – Along hiking trails and off the beaten track, up in the mountains and down in the valleys.
· Mountain bike – Along technical single trails and dirt roads, up in the mountains and down in the valleys.
· Canyoning – Trekking, swimming and jumping through beautiful canyons. The canyoning activity is supervised by professional staff.
· Rafting – Alpine white-water rafting in class III-IV rapids. All teams are accompanied by an experienced rafting guide.
· Paragliding – One person per team get to experience the course from a birds’ eye view. Paragliding is done together with an experienced pilot.
All athletes will participate in teams of four, a supporting crew is not allowed – a fact which makes the race even harder.
More information about the APEX race will follow soon.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.